- Customer Focus – Great attention paid to customer requirements and needs
- Just in time, Kanben– Efficient stock control methods help reduce costs and improve cash-flow
- Flexible workplace practices, empowerment – Flexible working practices and empowerment – help increase efficiency, reduce costs and improve motivation
- Quality Assurance ,Leadership , Future thinking– Leadership seen as vital. Ability to communicate a clear vision, take people along with the vision and to think about where the company needs to be in 5, 10, 15 and 20 years time
- High quality , Low Cost, Reduction in Wastage – Fundamental principles – often characterized as ‘lean production’ – reducing waste, zero defects, high quality control measures at all stages
- Punctuality – Punctuality in all aspects – delivery, supply, manufacture, etc.